Article delegate-en/749 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Delegate, Local File Paths, and OS/2 yet again.
28 Mar 2000 18:54:37 GMT Derek J Decker <p5ubabdyi-aipiirad27tr.ml@ml.delegate.org>
Decker Automation

The other day I checked up at www.delegate.org, and decided to upgrade
my
copy of Delegate to 6.1.4.  Once again, it built cleanly, with no
troubles. And
once again, to my horror, I discovered that it was not finding locally
mounted files
when used as an origin server.

And here I thought we had corrected this.

This time, though, because of the thoughtful restructuring of the code,
the
fix was a lot easier.  The difficulty lies in the isFullpath() function
of file.c,
found in both the rary and resolvy directories.

The first comparision  in that function,

	if( FS_dosPath || *_PATHSEP() == '\\' ){

fails for delegate built under OS/2 with EMX, as:

1) FS_dospath gets defined to zero near the beginning of the file, and
2) The PATHSEP as set by the _PATHSEP() function is '/', as OS/2 uses
the
    solidus character in all internal directory representations (Though
it's legal
    to also use a '\\'.

To correct this, I modified the section near the beginning of file.c
that reads:

#if defined(_MSC_VER) || defined(__CYGWIN__)
int FS_dosPath = 1;
#else
int FS_dosPath = 0;
#endif

to read:

#if defined(_MSC_VER) || defined(__CYGWIN__) || defined(__EMX__)
int FS_dosPath = 1;
#else
int FS_dosPath = 0;
#endif

Thus ensuring that FS_dosPath is set to 1, and the initial test in the
isFullpath()
function succeeds.  So far, this appears to have done the trick.

Moreover, I was not drinking beer while doing this.  We will have to see
if this
is, therefore, the preferred solution.  :-)

Once again, I thank you for a useful and versatile tool!

-Derek

|  Derek J Decker          pzmbabdyi-aipiirad27tr.ml@ml.delegate.org       Decker Automation    |
|  Tel/Fax: 000/000-0006                          585 Winterhill Lane  |
|  http://derek.decker.net                        Lexington, KY 40509  |