Article delegate-en/746 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: CMAP on ports?
27 Mar 2000 15:16:05 GMT ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato)

On 03/27/00(19:24) you Stefan Hoffmeister <p4ebabdyi-a3dey5mhvelr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A743@delegate-en.ML_>
 |> |Is there a way to use sslway (or SSL) only for selected ports on the same
 |> |IP?
 |>
 |>I hope the following will do:
 |>
 |>  CMAP="sslway:FSV:*:{*:563}:*"
 |
 |Yes, it does - wonderful!
 |
 |You might want to add this to the documentation.  This map is very useful
 |for relaying NNTP over SSL to a non-SSL client, for instance (tested)
 |
 |  CMAP="sslway:FSV:nntp:{*:563}:*"

I was reminded by your message that I was to write about it in pre-release
versions of "Manual.htm", thus I added it in DeleGate/6.1.4 yesterday.

<URL:ftp://ftp.delegate.org/pub/DeleGate/Manual.htm#portList>
>PORT LIST ( host:{portList} )
>      For a dstHostList (i.e. HostList concerning server hosts), a list of port
>      numbers (postList) can be postfixed to a host, to make matching by port
>      number as well as host name/address.
>
>      Example: conditional filtering using CMAP
>           CMAP="sslway:FSV:*:{*:{563,636,990,992,995}}:*"
>           which is similar to
>           CMAP="sslway:FSV:ftps,telnets,pop3s,nntps,ldaps,:*:*"

Note that I added SSL based protocols into protocol/port table in
DeleGate/6.1.4 thus you can do it just by "CMAP=sslway:FSV:nntps"
with MOUNT="xxx. nntps://server" now.

I also reminded necessities of functionalities for:
 - user definition of protocolName/portNumber
 - generic MountOption of CFI like ftosv=xxx as well as ftocl=xxx
but it requires non-trivial restructuring of DeleGate thus will be
realized after DeleGate/6.2.

 |Since sslway uses SSLeay, you might want to send an email to the
 |maintainers of OpenSSL and get your excellent software listed and promoted
 |there, too.

I'm feeling I already have enough monitors, including you, of this
tentative "SSlway" program, as you see in this DeleGate-ML archive.