Article delegate-en/728 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] env vars and config files
09 Mar 2000 21:05:11 GMT "Horia Georgescu" <pbyaabdyi-aipiircwgulr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Hi,

Same me, another question...

I'm trying to clean-up a messy script, too many configurations for different
delegates. I'm about to create separate configuration files for each of the
services provided. I'm unable to understand from the documentation provided,
and I haven't tested anything in this respect, how are you placing
configurations which require environment variables in that configuration
file.

More exactly:

I have someting like this
#!/usr/bin/sh
##
## delegate startup script ##
DGPROGRAM=delegated6.1.0
SSLPROGRAM=sslway6.1.0
HERE=/usr/local/etc
DGROOT=/var/spool/delegate
SSL_SERVER_CERT_FILE=$HERE/server_cert.pem
SSL_SERVER_KEY_FILE=$HERE/server_key.pem
SMTP_PORT="465"
POP_PORT="995"
export POP_PORT
export SMTP_PORT
export SSL_SERVER_KEY_FILE
export SSL_SERVER_CERT_FILE
export DGROOT
export HERE
#
$HERE/$DGPROGRAM \
-vt -S \
-P192.168.0.99:443 \
FCL="$HERE/$SSLPROGRAM -ac" \
SERVER=https \
MOUNT="/* http://web1.oasis-technology.com/*" \
MOUNT="/web/* http://web2.oasis-technology.com/*" \
MOUNT="/mail-pop/* pop://popserv.oasis-technology.com/*" \
........ \
.......... \
PERMIT="*:*:*"  \
REMITTABLE="+,pop" \
RELIABLE="*" \
LOGDIR="/logs/delegate" \

This would easily translate into a configuration file with the exception of
all the variables created in the begining, of which the most important are
the ones pointing to the certificate and key.
sslway has -cert option, pointing to the absolute path of the certfile, but
further in the code (sslway.c) you point the key variable to the same place
where the cert variable is.
Perhaps I didn't give it enough thought, but I'm also struggling to
understand the POP access problem, and perhaps you can give me a hint as how
to proceed.

Thanks much,
Horia