Article delegate-en/69 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Bandwidth shaping/choking
08 Sep 1998 20:05:41 GMT ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato 佐藤豊)

you Shez <pgyaabdyi-hhkpukxzzulr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |	I was wondering if it would be sensible to do bandiwidth choking
 |through the use of an external filter.

I remember that adaptive choking was one of the original motivations
to introduce the "external filter" interface.  But I'm not sure if
the current implementation of the external filter is applicable for
such choking in general situation from the viewpoint of efficiency...

I suppose such choking will be practical for a persistent and
point-to-point connection between DeleGates, doing multiplexing
multiple/concurrent sessions/connections on the single connection.
Last year I began developing such variant of DeleGate named "ThruWay"
which should be completed in future...