Article delegate-en/67 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Help with Delegate
08 Sep 1998 19:12:54 GMT ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato 佐藤豊)

you "William H. Geiger III" <phmaabdyi-j73qrjmsemlr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |> |I am trying to run delegate on my Warp4 OS/2 machine as a nntp proxy.
 |>If you don't need protocol dependent value-added services like caching or
 |>protocol conversion, such transparent relay will be enough.
 |Unfortunately I *do* need protocol dependent value-added services (the
 |combining of multiple nntp servers to form a virtual server). Also I plan
 |on using this program for much more thn just nntp but I am trying to take
 |things one step at a time. :)

I see.  Such usage of DeleGate is what I wish users to do :)

 |I am not sure what you mean by bypassing proper setup of necessary
 |environment? If I am not setting up something properly please let me know.

Sorry but I know little about OS/2.
I heard that you need "EMX" environment to make and use DeleGate
on OS/2 (I don't know what EMX means :)
The log sent from you includes a line like;
>(UNIX) 28:49 [1754] cannot open tmpfile(/tmp/delegate/dg1754.6.00000000X)
which means it is not compiled for OS/2+EMX but for standard UNIX.
Such binary will cause any unpredictable phenomena...
DeleGate which is properly compiled for OS/2+EMX will indicate such line
with prefix "(OS/2)".
I recommend you to try binary distribution of DeleGate for OS/2 by
Mr. Ueno (pxakabth4-j73qrjmsemlr.ml@ml.delegate.org, who made the porting of DeleGate to OS/2)
at "http://www.t3.rim.or.jp/~zodiac/delegate/"