Article delegate-en/60 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Help with Delegate
04 Sep 1998 18:04:01 GMT ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato 佐藤豊)

you "William H. Geiger III" <phmaabdyi-aipiirf2gulr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |I am trying to run delegate on my Warp4 OS/2 machine as a nntp proxy.
 |
 |I am able to connect to the nntp server through delegate but when I issue
 |the LIST command delegate gets the list of newsgroups then promptly kills
 |the session with the client (without returning the data).
 |
 |Below is the command I am using to call delegate:
 |
 |delegated -P8119 SERVER=nntp://adesknews.autodesk.com ADMIN=whgiii

In general, the simplest way to escape a protocol dependent problem,
bypassing proper setup of necesssary environmnet, is just doing
transparent relay like:

% delegated -P8119 SERVER=tcprelay://adesknews.autodesk.com:119 ADMIN=whgiii

If you don't need protocol dependent value-added services like
caching or protocol conversion, such transparent relay will be enough.