Article delegate-en/5079 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Issue with delegate FORWARD and protoList - filter by dest port not working
02 Jun 2014 15:59:56 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

you Harakiri <pyajqbdyi-h3lizqu5g43r.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |Hi,
 |
 |im trying to relay LDAP connections to another HTTP Proxy via CONNECT -
 |this works fine. e.g. delegate is a socks server and i  use
 |
 |FORWARD="ssltunnel://user:pass@somehwere..:3128-_-*:*:*"
 |
 |However this will ssltunnel all traffic. I only want to ssltunnel LDAP
 |requests.  Hence i tried
 |
 |FORWARD="ssltunnel://user:pass@somehwere..:3128-_-ldap:*:*"

This works if the client send a HTTP request as "GET ldap://server/..."
but it seems not likely.

 |or
 |
 |FORWARD="ssltunnel://user:pass@somehwere..:3128-_-389:*:*"

This specifies the protocol name "389" which is not understood.
It should be one of followings:

 FORWARD="ssltunnel://user:pass@somehwere..:3128-_-*/389:*:*"
   -- any protocol at port number 389

 FORWARD="ssltunnel://user:pass@somehwere..:3128-_-*:{*:389}:*"
   -- any host at port numberr 389

 FORWARD="ssltunnel://user:pass@somehwere..:3128-_-*:*..389:*"
   -- short hand of above one

 |It does not work - it will not use the proxy.
 |I even tried specifying only the DEST host - this also did not work.

How did you specified it ?

 |Basically - i want to forward all HTTP/HTTPS traffic to a normal
 |PROXY=... - and all LDAP traffic to another proxy using ssltunnel.

Adding the PROXY or FORWARD for it (to be the default proxy) will do.

 |Any idea whats the issue?

Cheers from Japan,
  9 9   Yutaka Sato (CSDP,ITIL-F,OCUP-A,Security+,ISTQB-F)