Article delegate-en/5076 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Question: old program
02 Jun 2014 11:00:41 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

you Gregory Loan <pxijqbdyi-elpg7ampakhr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |Hi,
 |
 |I have an old program that checks an email inbox via pop but can only use
 |port 110, and 25. Since my email account uses ports 465 and 995, it fails.
 |Can I use Delegate to allow this program to check my email? I am not at all
 |experienced with programming, btw, so if you could help me out with an
 |example, that would be great.

There seem many programs to be used to relay from non-SSL clients
to a SSL server and you may be using one of them.  With DeleGate,
it is done as the following commands:

  delegated -P25 SERVER=smtp://SmtpsServer:465 STLS=fsv
  delegated -P110 SERVER=pop://Pop3sServer:995 STLS=fsv

Maybe DeleGate is not convenient alternative for you and not necessary
just to do relaying (in circuit level) between non-SSL and SSL.

DeleGate is useful if you need a proxy which interpret the application
protocol over it, for example to do application level authentication
by proxy, logging application command and response (for example destination
mailbox of SMTP), access control based on application level destination,
selecting target server or upstream proxy based on the destination,
filtering the content of mail (by external anti-virus program for
example), and so on.

Cheers from Japan,
  9 9   Yutaka Sato (CSDP,ITIL-F,OCUP-A,Security+,ISTQB-F)