Article delegate-en/5006 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] LDAP proxy with search filter
04 Jan 2012 06:43:50 GMT "Sunil S" <pv4iabdyi-t7hpmu6az5xr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Dear Yutaka,

Greetings!

When I try to use delegate (9.9.7) as a filtering LDAP proxy with the command :

delegated.exe -f -P389 SERVER="ldap://ldap_server/DC=company,DC=com?DN?sub?memberOf=CN=my_group,ou=my_ou,DC=company,dc=com ( ldap://ldap_server/DC=company,DC=com?DN?sub?memberOf=CN=my_group,ou=my_ou,DC=company,dc=com )"

The filter is NOT applied on the query.  If the client uses a filter that is passed through.  Is there a way to make delegate apply the specified filter in addition to what is requested by client?

I was expecting that the filter sent to back-end LDAP server would be &( (memberOf=CN=my_group,ou=my_ou,DC=company,dc=com) (client_specified_filter)).  Wireshark indicates that only the client specified filter is used.

Regards

Sunil

This e-mail message is only to be used by intended recipients and all others may
kindly delete it and notify the sender. Unless expressly authorized by HPCL, the
views expressed and the message itself is that of the individual sender and
recipients are cautioned to check messages/attachments for any viruses before
use. Users acknowledge that messages may contain confidential, proprietary or
privileged information and that HPCL neither assures nor guarantees integrity or
content of messages.

The Website address of HPCL is www.hindustanpetroleum.com