Article delegate-en/492 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Not working: DeleGate as a http proxy which make a bare HTTP cli ent be a HTTPS/SSL client
10 Jun 1999 20:04:02 GMT ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato)

 |-co:FSV:https:*:*"
 |06/10 11:30:42.76 [6241] 1+1: REQUEST = GET http://secureweb.sandia.gov/
 |HTTP/1.0^M
 |Why is it not requesting "https://secureweb.sandia.gov/"  ?

It should be requested by the bare HTTP client connecting to DeleGate
(which is acting as a proxy server of HTTP in your example)

 |Am I misunderstanding the purpose of "DeleGate as a http proxy which make a
 |bare HTTP client be a HTTPS/SSL client:"?

Ancient NCSA-Mosaic is one of such bare HTTP clients which utilizes
HTTPS/HTTP gateway when it is given an environment variable
http_proxy="http://delegate-host:8080/"
You can simulate such a bare HTTP client using telnet client like this:

  % telnet delegate-host 8080
  GET https://secureweb.sandia.gov/ HTTP/1.0

In your example, Mozilla cannot be set up to act as a bare HTTP client
which forward HTTPS/SSL protocol as is to a HTTP proxy.  But if you
intend to access to "https://secureweb.sandia.gov/*" as if it is
"http://secureweb.sandia.gov/*" via DeleGate as a HTTP proxy (I don't
understand if such proxy has practical meaning), you can do it adding
the following parameter:

  MOUNT="http://secureweb.sandia.gov/* https://secureweb.sandia.gov/*"

Anyway I feel it difficult to suggest an appropriate usage of SSLway
without knowing why you need it to solve what kind of problem.