Article delegate-en/4887 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Problem with Delegate 9_9_7
22 Aug 2010 08:38:06 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

In message <p06240810c89337ab3175@[192.168.6.13]> on 08/20/10(04:42:34)
you Bob Cowie <pcujqbdyi-e6yerofurylr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |We use Delegate at a school as an HTTP/HTTPS cache, on Windows Server
 |2008.  Until this week, we used version 9_9_0, and things worked
 |really well.  Then we upgraded to version 9_9_7.

Is the server for relaying from HTTPS clients to a HTTP server?

 |Since upgrading, we have found our server to be running many Delegate
 |instances (up to 30 at one time).  The instances do not seem to
 |expire as rapidly and also use more CPU time (typically 3% to 5%
 |each).
 |
 |With version 9_9_0, the instances expired very quickly and there was
 |not a problem with saturating the processor.
 |
 |Would you have any advice for us on this problem?  Should we roll
 |back to 9_9_0, or are there changes we can make to version 9_9_7?

It is difficult to say something helpful without knowing the detail
of your usage of DeleGate, load pattern, the environment, etc.
But trying near versions (9.9.8, 9.9.6, 9.9.5, ...) will be useful
to locate when something changed.
And/or comparing the logfiles of DeleGate for 9.9.0 and 9.9.7 for
the same usage will give us hints.