Article delegate-en/4885 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Problem with Delegate 9_9_7
19 Aug 2010 19:42:07 GMT Bob Cowie <pcujqbdyi-fjxi26em6qlr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Hi,

We use Delegate at a school as an HTTP/HTTPS cache, on Windows Server
2008.  Until this week, we used version 9_9_0, and things worked
really well.  Then we upgraded to version 9_9_7.

Since upgrading, we have found our server to be running many Delegate
instances (up to 30 at one time).  The instances do not seem to
expire as rapidly and also use more CPU time (typically 3% to 5%
each).

With version 9_9_0, the instances expired very quickly and there was
not a problem with saturating the processor.

Would you have any advice for us on this problem?  Should we roll
back to 9_9_0, or are there changes we can make to version 9_9_7?

Thanks!

Bob

--

   Bob Cowie