Article delegate-en/4880 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: reverse http tunnel with delegate?
21 Jul 2010 15:54:20 GMT "Matthias Waldorf \(Zoom\)" <pgmhqbdyi-aipiirft27tr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Dear Yutaka,

you may be right. I will try to find another solution for the problem.

Thank you for your help!

Matthias

-----Original Message-----
From: Yutaka Sato [mailto:feedback@delegate.org]
Sent: Friday, July 16, 2010 9:26 PM
To: feedback@delegate.org
Cc: Matthias Waldorf (Zoom)
Subject: Re: [DeleGate-En] reverse http tunnel with delegate?

Hi,

Maybe I missed to interpret your question.
It is technically easy to utilize SSL-tunnel (over a HTTP proxy) to
invite
TCP connections from outside, but what is difficult is not there but in
another, legal or ethical, layer.

Yutaka

In message <_A4876@delegate-en.ML_> on 07/17/10(03:41:04) I wrote:
 |In message <_A4875@delegate-en.ML_> on
07/16/10(23:32:58)
 |you "Matthias Waldorf \(Zoom\)" <pgmhqbdyi-aipiirft27tr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 | |Dear Yutaka,
 | |
 | |this looks good. However, I think I need the opposite way (access
the
 | |local files from "outside"). Is this possible with FTPxHTTP, too?
 |
 |It is another dimension.  If you can have a (reverse) HTTP proxy on
 |your gateway host (on the boundary of outside and inside), the answer
 |is yes, of course.
 |
 |Yutaka
 |
 | |Best regards,
 | |
 | |Matthias
 | |
 | |
 | |
 | |
 | |
 | |
 | |Hi,
 | |
 | |In message <_A4873@delegate-en.ML_> on
 | |07/16/10(18:19:35)
 | |you "Matthias Waldorf \(Zoom\)" <pgmhqbdyi-aipiirft27tr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 | | |I need to transfer files from and to a windows machine behind
 | |firewall.
 | | |The only way outside is a http proxy with a lot of filtering.
 | | |
 | | |Is there to make a directory on that machine accessable from
outside?
 | |We
 | | |already tried dropbox.com, but it is filtered by the proxy.
 | | |
 | | |Something like "make local tcp 443 available via reverse http
tunnel
 | | |over http proxy to remote machine with a lot of delegate magic"?
 | |
 | |Maybe there are many solutions with/without DeleGate.
 | |If your "transferring file" means getting/putting files or
 | |making/removing
 | |directoies over FTP from a FTP client, then using the "FTPxHTTP"
feature
 | |(FTP by HTTP) introduced in DeleGate/9.9.8 might fit your
requirement.
 | |It works as follows:
 | |
 | |                   DeleGate                  DeleGate
 | |  FTP ----(FTP)--- FTPxHTTP ----(HTTP)---- FTPxHTTPserver (---
 | |FTPserver)
 | |client      |       client    (or HTTPS)        |
 | |            |                     |       (local-files)
 | |        RETR/STORE                |
 | |        LIST/MSLT            GET for LIST/RETR and others
 | |         MKD/RMD/...         POST for STOR
 | |
 | |See <URL:http://www.delegate.org/mail-lists/delegate-en/04810> for
more
 | |details about FTPxHTTP.
 | |
http://delegate.org/y.sato/
 | | ( ~ )  National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and
Technology
 | |_<   >_ 1-1-4 Umezono, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, 305-8568 Japan
 | |Do the more with the less -- B. Fuller
 |
 |Cheers,
 |Yutaka
 |--