Article delegate-en/487 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: additional url-attribs that need rewriting?
03 Jun 1999 04:09:24 GMT ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato)

Hi Jan,

On 03/20/99(09:20) you pjuaqbdyi-re5dixtlohtr.ml@ml.delegate.org wrote
in <_A369@delegate-en.ML_>
 |I've been reading the HTML4 proposed standard at
 |http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/index/attributes.html

Thanks for the useful pointer to an appropriate document.

 |and I think that I might have found some
 |url attribs (ie, urls that need rewriting)
 |that are not specified in url.c.
 |
 |Specifically, I think that static "Attr rewriteAttr[64]"

This structure seems to have been introduced at DeleGate/3.0.57
(14Nov96) when HTML was maybe of more older versions.

 |in url.c might need to have the following terms added:
 |
 |	{"LONGDESC"	},
 |	{"ARCHIVE"	},
 |	{"DATA"    	},
 |	{"PROFILE"	},

Also "CITE" seems to have "%URI;" as Type of the value.

 |Actually, ARCHIVE might be wrong because
 |the standard stipulates a space separated
 |list of uri's, which delegate might not be
 |able to rewrite in its current form.
 |Furthermore, the spec for ARCHIVE seems
 |different inside an <APPLET> and an <OBJECT>
 |(it is a uri only inside an <OBJECT>) and I'm
 |not sure whether DeleGate keeps track
 |of the distinction.

DeleGate will not do rewriting if the given value of an attribute
is not in the syntax of URL.

By the way, I'm reminded that I made a promise to support selecting
a set of attributes to be rewritten.
<URL:http://wall.etl.go.jp/mail-lists/delegate/4846>(14Nov96)

Thus in DeleGate/5.9.2 released yesterday, I added attributes with
URI value in HTML4.0 to the list of attributes to be rewritten, and
introduced "URICONV" parameter which enables customizing the set
of attributes to be rewritten.