Article delegate-en/4792 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: How to use Delegate to connect to another proxy with authentication?
24 Apr 2010 20:05:20 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

you =?iso-8859-1?Q?Stig_=D8stvang?= <pw4jabdyi-xg5asea7mulr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |Is it possible to use Delegate as a proxy to connect to another proxy with a
 |fixed set of username/password?

Yes.

 |To explain it a bit better, I have a program that needs to to be validated
 |on Internet. The machine I want to install the program on, is behind a proxy
 |which needs authentication. The program is supposed to use the settings in
 |Internet Options (this is a Windows machine), but the program has no way to
 |enter username and password for a proxy, so it fails the activation. So my
 |plan was to use Delegate as an intermediary proxy fed with the correct
 |credentials so that the program connects to Delegate, which already have
 |been given the correct credentials to access Internet through the second
 |proxy, to activate the program.
 |
 |I tried
 |
 |dg9_9_6.exe -P80 SERVER=http
 |FORWARD=http://username:password@proxy-address:port
 |
 |and unticked use proxy in Internet Options, but this didn't work.
 |
 |Anyone know if what I want to do is possible and how to set it up?

For HTTP (proxy), only the "Basic" authentication scheme is supported.
If your upstream proxy requires another scheme as Digest, it will fail.
Using DeleGate as follows may be helpful to see what is wrong:

dg.exe -P80 SERVER=http PROXY=Proxy-address:Port MYAUTH=Username:Password:http-proxy -fv FSV=-tee-n-h