Article delegate-en/4766 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: using delegate to put http authentication on top of a SOCKS proxy connection
18 Mar 2010 05:38:05 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

>>Subject: using delegate to put http authentication on top of a SOCKS proxy connection

To forward connections via a SOCKS server (at socksHost:socksPort)
with authentication (userName:passWord), add parameters as follows:

  SOCKS="socksHost:socksPort:*" MYAUTH=userName:passWord:socks

you alec resnick <ps4jabdyi-xg5asefpmulr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |I have two remote machines, remote1 and remote2. remote2 is only
 |running sshd, and I can't run anything else on it. remote1 is a
 |full-fledged server to which I have complete access. I can run a SOCKS
 |proxy on remote2 via ssh -f -N -D *:8080 me@remote2 which lets me
 |expose a SOCKS proxy on port 8080 on remote1. I'd like to authenticate
 |this so that the proxy isn't sitting open. How can I do this?
 |
 |It seems like I should be able to use delegate, but I can't even seem
 |to get its HTTP proxy functionality working. When I run delegated -r
 |-P8081 SERVER=http PERMIT="*:*:*" REMITTABLE="*" I can't even get it