Article delegate-en/4765 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: telnet connection with virtual IP
18 Mar 2010 05:09:32 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

you carine castillon <ptijabdyi-5bnwhwbfselr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |I'm using delegate 9.9.6 for telnet connection with virtual IP.
 |
 |I establish the connection as follows:
 |
 |telnet /my_vip     /(192.168.1.12:  VIP of delegate server - eth0:0)
 |Host name :  /x my_pc:0.0/
 |Host name : */remote_host/*
 |####[set manually] setenv DISPLAY 192.168.1.10:1.0   (real IP of delegate
 |server - eth0)
 |
 |Why don't I have the VIP in the "setenv DISPLAY... " line ?
 |My connection does not work with the real IP.
 |How can I do to get the DISPLAY variable with VIP instead of the real IP ?

It is usual that the host of DeleGate has multiple interfaces, and
the interface with the client is not the one with the server.
So the default addess to be shown in the DISPLAY environment is
the source address of the TCP connection established to the server.
This does not appropriate when the host of DeleGate and the server
is relayed via NAT or so.  So there is an option to specify the
address (vv.vv.vv.vv) to be shown in DISPLAY as follows:

  SRCIF="vv.vv.vv.vv:-:X"