Article delegate-en/476 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: transparent proxy from one delegate server to another delegate server
19 May 1999 16:25:34 GMT ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato)

On 04/23/99(07:43) you yossman <pwqaqbdyi-rn3efjo2yhtr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <Pine.BSF.4.05.9904221825080.20000-00000X@yoss.nonline.net>
 |i'm trying to set up a scenario where one delegate server on an intranet
 |contacts my master delegate server on my backbone network, transparently.
 |visually, this breaks down as such:
 |
 |intranet-node making http:// request
    --> intranet-delegate
      --> backbone-delegate
        --> actual destination site

     "http://www.realwebserver.net/"

     "http://www.realwebserver.net/www.realwebserver.net/"

 |i've been going through for a (frustrating) couple of hours trying to figure
 |out how to use the ROUTE, MASTER, PROXY, and MOUNT command-line variables on
 |both the intranet-delegate and the backbone-delegate servers, to no avail.
 |i'm sure it's something small i'm missing but the documentation hasn't been
 |able to help me yet, and neither has surfing through the archives of this
 |mailing list.
 |
 |if anyone has any ideas as to command-line options i can use to stop the
 |re-writing, to make the intranet-delegate just pass the request on to the
 |backbone-delegate, i'd love to hear them!

I have no idea with what parameters you could make such rewriting,
I am curious about it...
Anyway, in principle, a typical configuration for cascaded DeleGates
(for HTTP client) is like this:

  (HTTP clients on intranet specifies "internal:8080" as its proxy server)
  internal% delegated -P8080 MASTER=firewall:8080
  firewall% delegated -P8080 RELIABLE=internal