Article delegate-en/4759 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] using delegate to put http authentication on top of a SOCKS proxy connection
15 Mar 2010 13:15:06 GMT alec resnick <ps4jabdyi-ytjem43ngilr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

I have two remote machines, remote1 and remote2. remote2 is only
running sshd, and I can't run anything else on it. remote1 is a
full-fledged server to which I have complete access. I can run a SOCKS
proxy on remote2 via ssh -f -N -D *:8080 me@remote2 which lets me
expose a SOCKS proxy on port 8080 on remote1. I'd like to authenticate
this so that the proxy isn't sitting open. How can I do this?

It seems like I should be able to use delegate, but I can't even seem
to get its HTTP proxy functionality working. When I run delegated -r
-P8081 SERVER=http PERMIT="*:*:*" REMITTABLE="*" I can't even get it
to work on port 8081. . .it fails either with "not reliable" or bans
my IP as a suspected intruder.

Thanks!

-a.