Article delegate-en/4741 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Ignoring MOUNT DNS lookup errors
02 Mar 2010 06:29:55 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

you "Trigge, Graham" <ppajabdyi-5bnwhwbfselr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |Thanks for the feedback. We are running Solaris 9, Delegate 9.7.7. Even when just starting and stopping the process we have the same problem if the fully qualified domain names are not resolvable at the time of starting.

Solaris is a very one on which DeleGate has caused problems in host
name resolution in past versions.

But the problem in this case seems more generic.  It is the general
behavior of DeleGate that it does "restarts on the first request from a
client, if it encountered an error in the configuration during startup"
expecting the environment for the configuration become ready or
stable in later time.  You can emulate it as follows:

  server:

    % delegate -P9999 -fv SERVER=http MOUNT="/* http://unknown-host/*"
      03/02 15:26:38.31 [14834] 0+0: #### restarting is set on config err.
      03/02 15:26:38.31 [14834] 0+0: #### wait the first contact...

  client:

    % telnet localhost 9999

You can suppress this automatic restarting by specifying the maximum
count of restart to 0 as:

  MAXIMA=erestart:0

I don't know a problem something specific in the case of  sftp/FTP gateway.
I don't know a problem that "the application does not start".
If the address of the host is stable enough even if it's unstable via DNS,
you can escape the problem by giving it locallty to DeleGate, with a local
file as /etc/hosts or HOSTS=host/x.x.x.x parameter.

 |In message <_A4728@delegate-en.ML_> on 01/19/10(09:55:21)
 |you "Trigge, Graham" <ppajabdyi-5bnwhwbfselr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 | |I am running Delegate 9.7.7 and am using the software to bridge FTP to SFTP connections. The problem I currently have is a few of the MOUNT commands I have configured are using FQDN names - if any of these names are not resolvable on starting Delegate (as we do each night for log rotation) the application does to restart.
 | |
 | |Is there a method/command to ignore errors originating from DNS lookup checks on fully qualified domain names? I have included a snippet of my configuration file for review:
 | |
 | |MOUNT="/ext_server/* sftp://ftp.ext_server.com/*"
 | |