Article delegate-en/4740 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Delegate problem on SIGTERM to child
02 Mar 2010 05:51:30 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

you carine castillon <pp4jabdyi-xg5asega4ulr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |I'm using delegate 9.9.6 for telnet connection.
 |
 |I'm connecting (with telnet) to a remote host, and after few minues
 |without using the session, I receive a Timeout from the remote host.
 |The connection is off with the message "SIGTERM to child" in log file.
 |
 |My telnet process is killed but the DISPLAY process is still running.
 |nobody   17354     1  0 10:31 ?        00:00:00
 |/usr/local/.../src/delegated -{013:+013}[RPM=0.05(0.0 0.0
 |0.0),IDLE=11990s]-P6004
 |
 |Can you explain me how to suppress this process, please ?

In general, DeleGate timeouts if there is no communication on
the connections from the client or the server.
It is controled by the parameter "TIMEOUT=io:T" and the default
value is "TIMEOUT=io:600s"
<URL:http://www.delegate.org/delegate/Manual.htm#timeout-io>
You can set more long time period, as 365 days for example, with

  TIMEOUT=io:365d

By the way, there are other ways to do proxying X Window by DeleGate,
as a simple X proxy <URL:http://www.delegate.org/Xproxy/> or
X proxy with remote shell <http://www.delegate.org/yysh/>.
I strongly recommend you to use these alternatives if possible :-)