On 05/20/99(00:11) you Marcelo Mello <email@example.com> wrote
|Microsoft Proxy Server provides basic HTTP & FTP proxy services; for the
|rest of the protocols it works with a Proxy Client that works at the Winsock
|In the security of the above program you can define who can navigate with
|HTTP, FTP (I can) and who can use the MS Proxy client (I can no longer
|So the problem is, I have a NNTP client and I would like to access this
|NNTP service thru some kind of gateway that encapsulates NNTP in
|HTTP, FTP or some other protocol.
|Hope this info is useful!
Sorry but I feel it difficult to understand the relationship between
your MS Proxy and your (previous) NNTP client, nor the location of
Or, there was no relationship between MS Proxy and NNTP client and
you could directly access from your NNTP client to NNTP server?
Anyway I need to know whether followings are true or not:
- you wish to access to external NNTP servers on internet ?
- but your NNTP client on internal net can't access to internet ?
- you have MS Proxy on your firewall which only accepts HTTP and FTP
- so you wish to access external NNTP servers through MS Proxy ?
- you have no SOCKS server on your firewall ?
Yutaka Sato <firstname.lastname@example.org> http://www.etl.go.jp/~ysato/ @ @
Computer Science Division, Electrotechnical Laboratory ( - )
1-1-4 Umezono, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, 305-8568 Japan _< >_