Article delegate-en/474 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: A question about Delegate -Respuesta
19 May 1999 15:44:05 GMT ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato)

On 05/20/99(00:11) you Marcelo Mello <p2qaqbdyi-rn3efjmgyhtr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A473@delegate-en.ML_>
 |Microsoft Proxy Server provides basic HTTP & FTP proxy services; for the
 |rest of the protocols it works with a Proxy Client that works at the Winsock
 |level.
 |In the security of the above program you can define who can navigate with
 |HTTP, FTP (I can) and who can use the MS Proxy client (I can no longer
 |use it).
 |So the problem is, I have a NNTP client and I would like to access this
 |NNTP service thru some kind of gateway that encapsulates NNTP in
 |HTTP, FTP or some other protocol.
 |
 |Hope this info is useful!

Sorry but I feel it difficult to understand the relationship between
your MS Proxy and your (previous) NNTP client, nor the location of
"NNTP servers".
Or, there was no relationship between MS Proxy and NNTP client and
you could directly access from your NNTP client to NNTP server?

Anyway I need to know whether followings are true or not:
 - you wish to access to external NNTP servers on internet ?
 - but your NNTP client on internal net can't access to internet ?
 - you have MS Proxy on your firewall which only accepts HTTP and FTP
   protocol ?
 - so you wish to access external NNTP servers through MS Proxy ?
 - you have no SOCKS server on your firewall ?