Article delegate-en/473 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: A question about Delegate -Respuesta
19 May 1999 15:11:45 GMT Marcelo Mello <p2qaqbdyi-ktwgyos5bmlr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Dear Yukata:
Microsoft Proxy Server provides basic HTTP & FTP proxy services; for the
rest of the protocols it works with a Proxy Client that works at the Winsock
level.
In the security of the above program you can define who can navigate with
HTTP, FTP (I can) and who can use the MS Proxy client (I can no longer
use it).
So the problem is, I have a NNTP client and I would like to access this
NNTP service thru some kind of gateway that encapsulates NNTP in
HTTP, FTP or some other protocol.

Hope this info is useful!
Marcelo Mello

>>> Yutaka Sato <ysato@etl.go.jp> 19/05/99 22:59 >>>
On 05/19/99(21:52) you Marcelo Mello <p2qaqbdyi-ktwgyos5bmlr.ml@ml.delegate.org>
wrote
in <_A468@delegate-en.ML_>
 |I work in a Company with a direct connection to Internet thru a MS Proxy
 |Server 2. I used to belong to a group with access to NNTP servers using
 |Outlook Express & the Proxy client. Now I work in another part of the
 |Company and no longer have this privilege. My workstation is a NT
 |Workstation 4.0 and I am trying to find an alternative as to access my
 |NNTP accounts.
 |
 |Does your product provide a turnaround for this  issue?

Sorry but I can't figure out how did you accessed (external?) NNTP
servers and why you can't access them now.
Is your situation like this??

                    NNTP               NNTP
  your-NNTP-client --------> MS-Proxy ----------> NNTP-server
                    private            interenet

Also I don't know anything what kind of NNTP proxy mechanism is
provided by "MS Proxy".