Article delegate-en/4727 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: changing name of stdout.log
14 Jan 2010 12:59:13 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)
The DeleGate Project

Hi Stefan,

you Stefan Demmig <poqjabdyi-rcweveeboulr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |I have got another point to discuss. I wonder if I completely understud the EXPIRE process. in my parameter list
 |arg[3] SERVER=http
 |arg[10] EXPIRE=1d:*:*:*
 |arg[11] CRON=30 0 * * 1-5 -expire 30d
 |I wanted the system to expire files after 1 day and to delete expired files
 |after 30 days so that after 31 days of no trafic the cache would be empty again.
 |Is the parameter pair 10 + 11 correct and will it work under Windows?

Sorry but I've not tested "CRON ... -expire" enough especially
on Windows.

 |What happens, if a file on a web server changes before 1 day. Will I receive the
 |cached file or will it be reloaded from the original server, since it changed?

The EXPIRE=xxx parameter makes DeleGate reuse cached data anyway
while the age of a cahced data is newer than xxx, by default.
But clients (browsers) can override this behavior by indicating
forced "reload" or "veriry" a cached data as supported (with Pragma
or Cache-Control header in the HTTP protocol).
In a typical implementation of a browser, reloading will cause
verifiation of freshness, and if it modified after the time of
the cache, the latest version will be downloaded (and cached).