Article delegate-en/472 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: How to change POP/HTTP appearance, Configuration
19 May 1999 15:02:17 GMT ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato)

On 05/19/99(22:01) you Holger Kipp <p2uaqbdyi-p5l2gy3iextr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A469@delegate-en.ML_>
 |I am planning to use delegate as an external HTTP-Frontend for our
 |internal mailserver, so our employees can access their mail via
 |the Internet (using 128bit SSL of course). Example:
 |
 |                  HTTP
 |  Client (C) ------------------>    External Server (E)
 |eg Netscape     SSL 128 bit           delegated
 |                Internet              on port 8080

 |                                         |  encrypted
 |                                         |  transmission
 |
 |    Internal Server (I)    POP       Firewall (F)
 |        POP3            <---------    delegated
 |                         Internal     on port xxxx
 |

 |I need SSL in place before transmitting any pop usernames or
 |passwords (eg within the URL). (E) also runs apache on port 80.
 |Servers all run FreeBSD 2.2.8

Maybe the most intuitive solution is like this:

(E) delegated -P8080 SERVER=https MOUNT="/* https://F:xxxx/*" \
                     FCL=sslway FSV=sslway

(F) delegated -Pxxxx SERVER=https MOUNT="/mail/* pop://I/*" \
                     FCL=sslway

(You need appropriate server-{cert,key}.pem both on (E) and (F))
Then a user can access "https://E:8080/mail/User" for access to
the mailbox of a User at (I).

 |I'd also like to change the appearance of the pop web pages so they fit
 |well with our corporate identity (which is still in the works anyway).
 |I only had a quick glance at the program and so far it looks like I
 |have to recompile everything with new icons - or can I just add my
 |own icons and reconfigure the web-pages? If so, what files do I have
 |to look at specificly?

Formatting of POP/HTTP page and in-line images are defined at
./src/builtin/.  You can modify ./src/builtin/mssgs/news/*.dhtml
which defines formatting, and replace ./src/buitlin/icons/ysato/*.gif.
Then remove ./src/_builtin.c if it already exists, then say make.
Note that you can replace built-in data without any modification to the
source nor recompiling.

  1. copy DeleGate's src/builtin/* to somewhere (/path/of/builtin/*)
  2. specify it like MOUNT="/-/buitlin/* /path/of/builtin/*"

See <URL:http://wall.etl.go.jp/mail-lists/delegate-en/272> for a little
more detail.