Article delegate-en/4709 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Problem Building DeleGate 9.9.6
16 Dec 2009 03:59:32 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

you "JOHNSON Robert" <pmqjabdyi-a3dey5o3velr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |I have downloaded the DeleGate 9.9.6 gzipped tar file and am in the process
 |of building the executables.  I am following the "HOW TO INSTALL DeleGate"
 |instructions, and have completed the download step (step 1), and performed
 |the following steps from step 2:
 |
 |% gzip -d < delegateX.Y.Z.tar.gz | tar xfv -
 |% cd delegateX.Y.Z
 |% make
 |
 |However, whenever I get to the build of the "embed" executable, the make
 |terminates as follows:
 |./embed -IMPSIZE=10000 > _builtin.c "../COPYRIGHT" "builtin/**/*.gif"
 |make[2]: *** [_builtin.c] Error 128
 |make[2]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/c/DeleGate/dg9_9_6/delegate9.9.6/src'
 |make[1]: *** [start0] Error 2
 |I am using the latest version of the Cygwin build utilities on a Windows
 |2003 Server SP2 machine.  Any assistance which can be provided would be
 |greatly appreciated.

I could reproduce the problem on my Win2K Server.
I'm not sure the reason but it could be escaped by removing "-lpthread"
from the list of libraries to be linked (in SOLLIB def. in src/Makefile).
This will disable the multi-thread mode of DeleGate and will reduce the
performance and capabilities of it.
Anyway I have no real expecience with DeleGate on Cygwin and recommend
you to use Win32 version (in binary distribution) if you use DeleGate
not for simple testing.