Article delegate-en/466 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Compile problems
19 May 1999 11:36:11 GMT ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato)

you "Bj\vrn S\ellarp" <p2eaqbdyi-rcwevef6oulr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |I'm having problems compile delegate on my RedHat Linux 6.0 computer. If I
 |just write "make" I get the message
 |saying that i should write make PATH=".:$PATH" or something like
 |that.. and when I write exactly like it says (cut and paste) it doesn't
 |work.. It compiles some but when I enter the src dir and try to start
 |with the command ./delegated he says no such program or something like
 |that. I also tryed compile with CC=gcc but nothing helps.. Why is it
 |ike this?? Is it impossible to compile your program in linux or am I
 |makeing something wrong??

Could you show me the (error) messages around the termination of
your make?  I only have an ancient RedHat Linux (4.1) nearby me
where I can make DeleGate by ``make CC=gcc PATH=".:$PATH"''.

I have AIX/2.4 with gcc/2.6.3 where
  make CC=gcc PATH=".:$PATH"
failes in the way of compilation of mkmake.c but succeeds with
  make CC=gcc PATH=".:$PATH" HDRDIRS="-I/usr/include -I../include"

 |Why don't u use the normal ./configure , make , make install way of
 |compileing, that way is much easyer.. Pls help me, I really want to
 |compile delegate!

DeleGate has no knowledge of platforms about how to configure and
install itself on each platform.