Article delegate-en/4566 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: udp associate upstreaming
17 Sep 2009 16:50:23 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

In message <_A4563@delegate-en.ML_> on 09/17/09(04:49:29) I wrote:
 |It might take a while for me to remember exactly what was the intension
 |of my implementation of the SOCKS client for UDP ASSOCIATE in DeleGate...

I partially reloaded my memory about SOCKS and UDP ASSOCIATE :)
Since I cannot change the current behavior of DeleGate even if
it is not compliant to the specification, I added SRCIF options
to control the binding of sockets and value of packets (DST.ADDR
and BND.ADDR).
For example, you can set all zeros to DST.ADDR + DST.PORT with this:

  SRCIF="0.0.0.0:0:socks-udp-tosv"

Or you can explicitly select a network interface to be used to
communicate with the server as this:

  SRCIF="192.168.1.123:*:socks-udp-tosv"

The modified version was uploaded as 9.9.5-pre11.
(These options may be modified in the official release)

  Manual.htm#serv_Socks -- DeleGate/9.9.5-pre11
  NOTE: When you chain DeleGate with another SOCKS server, it may cause
  problems in UDP relaying due to the local and tentative extensions to
  the SOCKS protocol by DeleGate. The following SRCIF parameters can be
  useful to escape such problems.

  SRCIF="host:port:socks-udp-tosv" -- network interface to servers
* SRCIF="0.0.0.0:0:socks-udp-tosv" makes DeleGate as a SOCKS client
  behave compliantly to the SOCKSv5 specification on UDP ASSOCIATE.

  SRCIF="host:port:socks-udp-tocl" -- network interface to clients
* SRCIF="0.0.0.0:0:socks-udp-tosv" suppresses the failure in DeleGate as
  a SOCKS server trying to bind a UDP socket to a specific port number.