Article delegate-en/4563 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: udp associate upstreaming
16 Sep 2009 19:49:36 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

you <p2aiqbdyi-re5dixu6mxtr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |There is a bug in the way delegate handles socks5 upstreaming of udp
 |associated packets.
 |In the udp assicate command request that delegate sends to the upstream
 |socks5 proxy, delegate sets the 途emote addressGfield to the address of
 |the destination host instead of his own address.
 |The upstream socks5 proxy then answers with an error message on the tcp
 |stream between delegate and the upstream proxy.
 |
 |May this be fixed in an upcoming release?

Could you tell me the name of your upstream SOCKS server?
It might take a while for me to remember exactly what was the intension
of my implementation of the SOCKS client for UDP ASSOCIATE in DeleGate...

<URLhttp://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1928.txt>:
>UDP ASSOCIATE
>  The UDP ASSOCIATE request is used to establish an association within
>  the UDP relay process to handle UDP datagrams.  The DST.ADDR and
>  DST.PORT fields contain the address and port that the client expects
>  to use to send UDP datagrams on for the association.  The server MAY
>  use this information to limit access to the association.  If the
>  client is not in possesion of the information at the time of the UDP
>  ASSOCIATE, the client MUST use a port number and address of all
>  zeros.

It is possible that I thought the DST.ADDR might be used by a SOCKS proxy
to restrict and fix the destination address to be relayed.  And I used
DST.ADDR to switch among upstream SOCKS proxies based on it.
In the existing implementation of DeleGate, you seem to able to suppress
the behavior of DeleGate with

  SOCKS="server:port:*"

instread of

  SOCKS="server"