Article delegate-en/4462 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: FTP client to implicit FTPS server
21 May 2009 10:34:57 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

you y.sato@aist.go.jp (Yutaka Sato) wrote:
 | |STLS="fsv"
 | |-P2021
 | |SERVER=ftp
 | |
 | |Iケm using above config for ftp client to explicit ftps server (AUTH SSL)
 | |which works as it should. However connecting to a implicit ftps server
 | |doesnケt. See below the logs. Any ideaケs?
 |
 |You can force FTPS (without the AUTH negotiation) by STLS="fsv/im".
 |Since the FTPS server is expected running at the port numer 990,
 |it can be specified explicitly as follows:
 |
 |  STLS="fsv/im:*:*/990" STLS="fsv"
 |
 |(automatic detection of implicit/explicit nego. is possible and not
 |difficult but is not implemented yet).

I uploaded DeleGate/9.9.4-pre2 including the automatic detection of non
FTPS/SSL server.  With the version, a proxy FTP-DeleGate with STLS="fsv"
tries to detect the opening message in ASCII from the server on the
connection for a certain seconds for timeout (10 sec. by default).
After the timeout, DeleGate guesses that the server is of FTPS/SSL then
tries to start SSL negotiation on the connection.  You can specify the
value of timeout with "im" option as "im0.5".

  SERVER=ftp STLS=fsv        ... this is equivalent to the following
  SERVER=ftp STLS=fsv,im10.0 ... long timeout for safety by default

  SERVER=ftp STLS=fsv,im0.5  ... shorten timeot for practical use
  SERVER=ftp STLS=-fsv,im0.5 ... cope with any of {FTPS, AUTH TLS, without SSL}