Article delegate-en/4460 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re:
21 May 2009 02:00:18 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

you Nishchal Pardhe <pmqiqbdyi-5vjbuj5zrptr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |We have a load balancer directing traffic to delegate which directs to another load balancer as needed i.e.
 |
 |User -> Load Balancer 1 ->Delegate ->Load Balancer 2 -> App Server
 |
 |The intent is to use delegate later on in the same setup for multiple sites.
 |
 |I am still testing this setup but have a problem problem. If the user conects via delegate he can get to the app server. However if the user connects via Load Balancer-1 it is unable to connect and recieves a timeout.
 |
 |My Deleegate configuration is as below

 |-P2001
 |SERVER=tcprelay://load-balancer-2:2001
 |PERMIT="*"
 |RELIABLE="*"
 |HOSTLIST="*"
 |RELAY=proxy
 |REMITTABLE="*"
 |CACHE=no
 |RESOLV="dns"
 |
 |My question is - Is delegate required to be setup in master mode for this configuration to work ? The network guys tell me the Load Balancer 1 is setup properly.
 |
 |Any pointers on how to resolve the issue will be appreciated.

It depends on of what protocol the "App Server" is.
If it is of HTTP or FTP for example, the server address information is
transferred on the application protocol level in request/response, and
it must be rewritten to keep the redirection properly.
"SERVER=tcprelay" does nothing such application dependent rewriting and
will not appropriate to do such forwarding.
Anyway, you will see what is going by reading the LOGFILE of DeleGate.