Article delegate-en/4372 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Delegate with NFS cache spool
20 Feb 2009 14:20:04 GMT Eddie Stassen <pcqiqbdyi-kvvvzvcv4r3r.ml@ml.delegate.org>

We are running delegate as a caching proxy NNTP server (on Solaris 10)
using NFS mounted drives as a cache spool.  Now and then we find 'stuck'
delegated processes which take up a lot of CPU cycles.  Running truss,
it appears that the process is getting an ESTALE error when reading from
the spool (not sure why this is, possibly a file deleted while it was
being read), however it seems  delegated is ignoring the error and
sitting in a tight loop continuously retrying to read.  I have had a
look through the source code to try and figure out where this is
happening, but without much success so far.

Could you perhaps have a look and see if a fix could be made, or perhaps
point me to the correct place in the code so I can make a temporary hack?

Thanks,
Eddie