Article delegate-en/4358 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] nvhost to nvserv STLS with different certificates
26 Jan 2009 22:19:03 GMT Jens-Erik Hansen <puicqbdyi-rn3efjmwkilr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Hi Yutaka,

I'm working on a name-based virtual hosting to name based virtual
servers setup which works fine now. The next task is to establish a ssl
connection between the client and delegate where every nvhost should
hand out a separate certificate.

I tried several things to achieve that delegate offers separate
certificates for the configured nvhosts but had no success so far.

My basic setup looks like this:

SERVER=https
MOUNT="/* http://192.168.1.2:9033/* nvhost=www1.foo.org,nvserv=www1.foo.org"
MOUNT="/* http://192.168.1.2:9033/* nvhost=www2.foo.org,nvserv=www2.foo.org"

I tried following variants:

STLS="fcl,{sslway -cert www1.pem -key www1.key -pass
pass:password}:*:www1.foo.org:*"
STLS="fcl,{sslway -cert www2.pem -key www2.key -pass
pass:password}:*:www2.foo.org:*"

and

CMAP="sslway -cert www1.pem -key www1.key -pass
pass:password:FCL:*:www1.foo.org:*"
CMAP="sslway -cert www2.pem -key www2.key -pass
pass:password:FCL:*:www2.foo.org:*"

I also tried to replace the "dstHostList" part with a hostlist:

HOSTLIST="www1:www1.foo.org"
STLS="fcl,{sslway -cert www1.pem -key www1.key -pass
pass:password}:*:www1:*"

Because none of these variants work for me I think I make a basic mistake.

delegate with one certificate for all nvhosts works fluently. delegate
with one of the above variants gives the error:

gethostbyname(-) unknown[0.00s]
[12961] 15+1: ##HHe bad header ending without LF (leng=4) [O]...
[12961] 15+1: HTTP empty_request ? from client.foo.org (1)

I have no clue how to proceed, please can you give me a hint?

Greetings
Jens