Article delegate-en/420 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Accessing internal FTP server from outside...F-
14 Apr 1999 12:16:07 GMT "Daniel G. Rodriguez" <puqaqbdyi-a3dey5jxvelr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

I have recently read a lot about the DeleGate program
and have a very basic question.

I have a dual-homed gateway which accesses an outside network and an
internal private network (192.168.0.0/22).  I want users from the
outside to access an FTP server inside my private network.  Because
the FTP server will have a private address like 192.168.1.3, I don't
know if this is even possible (i.e., how do internet users access this
IP
and/or how does my proxy redirect the call to a server inside the
network, not on the same machine).

I read somewhere that this was possible using Socks, but is it
possible to set this up with DeleGate?
(Even with SOCKS, I don't know how users address an FTP server inside
my private network if they cannot access private IP numbers like
192.168.1.3)

--Daniel