Article delegate-en/4144 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: performance measurements and socks question
17 Sep 2008 22:16:05 GMT "Andre E." <pzyhqbdyi-fjxi26ffzhtr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Yutaka Sato wrote:
> First of all and needless to say, you must not use illegally any
> proxies and must follow the acceptable usage policy of each proxy.
> Could you tell me the situation where such relay is necessary?
> Secondly, the way to make multiple hops of proxies for your requirement
> depends on what kind of the proxies they are and what kind of access
> control they do.
> I think any of VSAP, HTTP ACCPET, or extended SOCKS BIND/CONNECT, will
> work for your purpose if P2 and P3 support SOCKS CONNECT or HTTP proxy
> allowing unrestricted SSLtunnel (CONNECT method).
>
> Cheers,
> Yutaka
> --
>   9 9   Yutaka Sato <y.sato@delegate.org> http://delegate.org/y.sato/
>  ( ~ )  National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology

We don't indent misusing proxy servers or illegally modifying them in
any way. The thing I am working on is a part of a research project in my
university which is about anonymous communication. It is intended to be
 as a prototypic implementation within a closed environment.

The situation where it is useful to offer a service which location is
hidden is e.g. in countries which do censor free access to the
information (e.g. for dissidents).

Technically, I don't quite understand how it could work with VSAP, HTTP
ACCEPT, etc. since once the tunnel is established and port is
successfully bound it will only be available to the first
client connection. Receiving another request via the same tunnel is not
possible. For the second request I would need to establish a second
tunnel from the hidden web service.
This would require me to build a connection pool with connections
binding and listening
on a port of my choice. This would work, but also result in many
possibly unneeded connections. Is it possible to do it via a single tunnel?

Best regards,
Andre