Article delegate-en/403 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Delegated command line
09 Apr 1999 01:17:08 GMT ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato)

On 04/09/99(09:00) you Mario Lobo <psiaqbdyi-uwzfv3jdeylr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A402@delegate-en.ML_>
 |  (1)                          (2)               (3)
 |Novell 4.11       TCP/IP     FreeBSD 2.2.8    ISP FreeBSD
 |IPX/IP gateway   ------>>    IPFW    -------> Squid cache / proxy
 |
 |I want Delagated to run on machine (2), to colect HTTP / FTP packets
 |from / to the Novell Gateway and forward them to the ISP squid proxy.
 |No caching to be done by Delegated.
 |
 |What would be the command line to run Delegated this way ? Can it run
 |on the same machine the firewall is in?

A typical configuration to use DeleGate as a HTTP-proxy (like Squid)
forwarding every HTTP requests to another proxy without caching is
like this:

  delegated -P8080 SERVER=http PROXY=proxy-host:8080 CACHE=no

If you don't need logging of relayed URLs, you can make it more simply
forwarding every TCP connections to another proxy like this:

  delegated -P8080 SERVER=tcprelay://proxy-host:8080