Article delegate-en/3974 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: delegated reload very slow most of time.
13 May 2008 03:44:13 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

In message <002101c8b4a1$49d3a2c0$dd7ae840$@wang@firstwave.com.au> on 05/13/08(11:30:19)
you "David Wang" <pomhqbdyi-rcweveeez7tr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |Thanks a lot for information.
 |But I tested for a while, and found when I add new IP address/hostname
 |prefix with '-', it will bypass name resolution, but it's not working,
 |client side get "unmatch PERMIT" error.

I don't know the reason why the error occurs and can't reproduce it.

 |I still need to remove the prefix
 |'-', then restart delegate, then working. The new IP address added must be
 |resolved, otherwise no working, please see the permit config file and
 |error.log:
 |permitted_clients.cfg: -58.160.64.204
 |error.log: 05/13 12:00:45 [31377]-P443 E-P: No permission:
 |CPE-58-160-64-204.vic.bigpond.net.au:46502 => http://127.0.0.1:8080 (unmatch
 |PERMIT).
 |If the name resolution (or reverse resolution) is necessary, how can I avoid
 |long time taken by restarting delegate when adding new IP address permitted?
 |Is that possible not to do name resolution (don't refresh them) for the
 |IP/hostnames already existed in Hostlist? Only do name resolution for new IP
 |address added to save restarting time?

Maybe the easiest solution is resolving your clients not with DNS but
with local /etc/hosts file.  If the /etc/hosts file is not desirable
to be added, you can use your own hosts file (/tmp/myhosts for example)
and specify like RESOLV="file:/tmp/myhosts,nis,dns,sys".