Article delegate-en/3930 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Use Delegate as Transparent Proxy?
26 Feb 2008 02:52:06 GMT "Brad Konia" <plihqbdyi-5bnwhwdzselr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

I'm trying to setup Delegate as a transparent proxy that can forward all TCP
traffic from Server A to the Internet via Server B. In other words, I would
like to make it appear as though traffic is originating from the IP address
of Server B, even though it's really originating from Server A. Normally
this would be accomplished using SOCKS, but in this case, for various
technical reasons, it's not practical to socksify the applications running
on Server A.

Here's an example of what I mean:

1. Start a Delegate on Server A: delegated -P10800 ADMIN=
email@somedomain.. SERVER=delegate MASTER="ServerB:10800"

1. Use IPTables to redirect all outgoing TCP traffic from Server A to the
Delegate running on Server A: iptables -t nat -A OUTPUT -p tcp -j REDIRECT
--to-ports 10800

3. Start a Delegate on Server B: delegated -P10800 ADMIN=
email@somedomain.. SERVER=delegate PERMIT="ServerA"

I realize the above configuration doesn't work. I'm able to get the two
Delegates to talk to one another, but I can't figure out a way to use the
Delegate on the proxy server as a gateway to the Internet for Server A.

Is it possible to use Delegate for this purpose?

--Brad S Konia