Article delegate-en/3864 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Delegate 9.7.4
14 Oct 2007 19:39:55 GMT "Maurice Glandrup" <pcuhqbdyi-ytjem4yaimlr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Hi Yutaka,

Thanks for your answer.
I tried your solution, but I don't get what I want.

What I want is the following:

I want to analyze HTML content of https servers.
To do this, the content must be decrypted.
You could also say that I want to sniff the output of SSL.

My browser is Firefox. If a connect to a https server, the browser uses SSL.
When the browser connects through a proxy that allows to analyze the
content, this is not possible because of the encryption.
What I thought DeleGate is capable of doing is: if the browser is directed
to a https server, DeleGate can make translations that make it appear for
the browser that it is getting its data from a http server, while the https
server thinks the client is a secure.
Besides the translation from http -> https and vice versa, DeleGate also
solves encryption and decription.

If DeleGate can be configured this way, then it would be possible to analyze
the decrypted HTML content.

But may be I misunderstood the purpose of DeleGate.

Does it make sense what I'm trying to do?

Kind regards,

Maurice