Article delegate-en/3833 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] "xargs" error
25 Sep 2007 07:58:12 GMT "Alok" <p7ehabdyi-rn3efjiokilr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Hello sir,

I have downloaded the latest delegate 9.7.2 source code from the website and i am trying to compile it on Windows 2000 Advanced Server. To compile and make an exe file i am executing the folloding command:

D:\delegate\delegate9.7.2\src>nmake -f makefile.

When i execute this command i get the following error:

dl.cpp
        @D:\delegate\delegate9.7.2\mkmake.exe -cksum dl.c
        echo Makefile bdtee.c bdthru.c fcl.c  mkstab.c dl.c gzip.c  htview.c cfi
.c cfi.conf reclog.c expired.c  cafe.c cafemain.c sslway.c  backup.c  swft.c  pd
ft.c  dglogs.c  dping.c  ciicgi.c  htwrap.c  netzip.c | xargs -n 1 D:\delegate\d
elegate9.7.2\mkmake.exe -cksum
'xargs' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'echo' : return code '0xff'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'C:\PROGRA~1\MIAF9D~1\VC98\BIN\NMAKE.exe' : return co
de '0x2'
Stop.

Here "xargs" seems to be causing the problem and i guess it is a linux command. So please guide me on how to compile the code for Windows.

In help file you have given the following command to compile the code:

\delegate> make-vc   (WindowsNT/2000)

I am not able to understand this command also.

So please help.

Regards

Alok Bhatnagar