Article delegate-en/38 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
[Reference:<_A7302@delegate.ML_>]
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Http to PoP
19 Aug 1998 04:27:47 GMT ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato 佐藤豊)

In message <_A7302@delegate.ML_> on 08/19/98(13:04:59)
you "Sau-Tsien Lim" <pqyoabth4-ytjem45dgilr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |Can I setup delegated to support the following HTTP -> POP?
 |                 HTTP                      DeleGate
 | PC/Sun <---> Proxy Server <-----//------>  Server  <---> Pop Server
 |  (HTTP)      (firewall)     (Internet)   ( Firewall)     SMTP Server

POP/HTTP gateway was supported in very resent version DeleGate/5.6.2.  (The
latest 5.6.3 is more recommendable) I mentioned about the usage in the article
<URL:http://wall.etl.go.jp/mail-lists/delegate/7283/> (in Japanese)
Shortly, invoke POP/HTTP-DeleGate at the server side Firewall host as:

    delegated -P8080 MOUNT="/mail/* pop://PopServer/*" RELIABLE=firewall

then access from your HTTP client to the DeleGate with the URL:

    http://Firewall:8080/mail/

Then you will be asked authentication for the POP server.  Currently,
only USER+PASS authentication is supported.  APOP authentication will be
supported in the next release.