Article delegate-en/3707 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: HTTP keep-alive questions
14 Apr 2007 23:16:13 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

you "lhwork" <ppihabdyi-j73qrjmsemlr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |I'm testing Delegate v9.5.6 on Windows with Firefox. My main Delegate
 |settings:
 |-P8080 SERVER=http HTTPCONF=kill-qhead:Via CACHE=no RESOLV=dns

 |Firefox sends the next HTTP headers to Delegate:
 |Keep-Alive: 300
 |Proxy-Connection: keep-alive
 |
 |But Delegate filters out these two headers and does not send a Connection:
 |keep-alive to the destination web server and I see 'IGNORE request:
 |Keep-Alive: 300' in the log.
 |
 |Does this mean that Delegate does not support Keep-Alive HTTP connections?
 |If it does, how can I turn it on?

Connection, Proxy-Connection and Keep-Alive are "hop-by-hop" headers
which MUST NOT be forwarded.
Connections are kept-alive by default in HTTP/1.1 without these headers,
and Keep-Alive and Proxy-Connection are obsoleted.
See the RFC of HTTP/1.1 and HTTP/1.0 for more details.
Anyway, DeleGate supports Keep-Alive with clients and servers, both in
HTTP/1.1 without these headers, and in HTTP/1.0 with these headers
for backward compatibility.

 |I'd like to forward all HTTP requests through a SOCKS proxy (with
 |SOCKS=host:port/-4r). Does Delegate keep the connections alive in this case,
 |too (if it supports Keep-Alive HTTP connections)?

It does not affect the behavior of DeleGate as a HTTP proxy.