Article delegate-en/3698 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Performance on Windows
05 Apr 2007 01:13:23 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

you Ed Vander Hoek <poehabdyi-rn3efjmgyhtr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |I'm experiencing some rather low performance on Windows 2003 and I'm
 |hoping you can help me solve it.
 |
 |I'm using the following command line:
 |
 |win-dg -P9015 SERVER=tcprelay://localhost:9016/ ADMIN=a@b.. STLS=fcl
 |
 |My test app connects to port 9015, sends ~100 bytes, receives ~100
 |bytes, and then disconnects and repeats this 50 times. I have 20
 |instances of the test app running.
 |
 |Using DeleGate 9.5.5 this takes about 7 minutes to complete. Using
 |Stunnel 4.20 it takes just 1 minute. I'm guessing that the difference is
 |due to DeleGate spawning new processes for each connection.
 |
 |Any ideas on how I can improve performance?

The time-stamps in the logfile of DeleGate will be helpful to see where is
the bottle-neck.  Detailed log can be obtained with -vd option as follows: