Article delegate-en/3647 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Questions about SSLway
10 Mar 2007 04:20:29 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

you "Kwis Angelo" <phyhabdyi-j73qrjmsemlr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |I just downloaded Delegate 9.5.1 source and compiled it on Suse Linux 8.
 |
 |I then ran Delegate with the following command:
 |
 |./delegated -v -P8081 SERVER=http FSV=sslway MOUNT="/* https://host/*"
 |
 |The process started properly and after some tests, I can confirm that
 |protocol conversion between HTTP and HTTPS is actually being performed fine
 |:-)
 |
 |I have however some questions:
 |
 |1.) From the SSL-related article "http://www.delegate.org/delegate/ssl/", it
 |says there that to use sslway, one must do a  "make -f Makefile.go sslway"
 |at filters/ directory, and then put the sslway executable in "DGROOT/lib".
 |I didn't actually do this -- I straight out ran Delegate with the command I
 |stated above.  I thought that not having sslway would somehow cause SSL not
 |to work.  But it did work fine.  Can you please calrify?

As written in the top of page, the document is obsoleted and you should read
<URL:http://www.delegate.org/delegate/tls/>
DeleGate after 9.0.1 does not need sslway as a external command but it uses the
built-in version by default, and has a default certificate built into it too.

 |2.) How do I instruct Delegate not to establish sessions with HTTPS sites
 |not having a trusted Root CA?

For example, put the CA's certicicate at DGROOT/etc/pems/cacert.pem and use
it for verification as follows:

  FSV="sslway -Vrfy -CAfile pems/cacert.pem"