Article delegate-en/3590 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Opera socks!!
02 Dec 2006 11:59:43 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

you "Mat Moot" <pragabdyi-ktwgyoxnbmlr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |Thanx, I appreciate your reply...this did work..
 |Another question please, there is this website which I visit from time to
 |time, and we are not allowed to use proxies. now when I use socks proxy in IE
 |nobody is able to tell if it was direct connection or through a proxy. I made
 |this conclusion by visiting www.whatismyip.us where they check for the proxy
 |used, and they were not able to identify the proxy that I am using.
 |
 |Now when I use the command that you suggested last time, the site was able
 |to say what version of delegate I am using. so it seems this info is handled
 |by the software that uses the proxy not the proxy itself.
 |
 |Is there any way where I can eliminate such info about the proxy??

If you are not allowed to use proxy, you must not use it.

By the way, it is technically easy to get rid of arbitrary HTTP headers
with a parameter as this:

  HTTPCONF=kill-qhead:Via