Article delegate-en/3573 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Question on switching upstream proxy based on port
10 Nov 2006 23:22:09 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

you "Tetsu Saiga" <p6qgqbdyi-xgv6ctn54ptr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |I'm trying to have Delegrate run as a Application level router that
 |will switch to either a HTTP proxy or SOCKS base on the port.
 |
 |If it's port 80 then it should use a HTTP proxy and SOCKS for everything else.
 |
 |I'm using CONNECT to switch but it doesn't seem to be working. The
 |limit for port 80 using {*:{80}} doesn't block everything else from
 |using the HTTP proxy.

As far as I remember, I've never announced that DeleGate supports
relaying as a circuit level proxy as SOCKS and forwarding to an
application level proxy as a HTTP proxy, although I've been
interested about it since it might be utilized like the IP level
forwarder for "transparent" HTTP proxy in a more smart way.
With the current feature of DeleGate, it seems capable with a
configuration as follows:

  delegated -P1080 SERVER=socks \
    ROUTE="http://localhost:8080-_-{*:80}" \
    SOCKS=localhost:1081 \

This utilization of DeleGate suppose that the HTTP client sends a
resolvable hostname of the destination server in its Host: header filed,
which is likely to be the same with the one in the parameter of CONNECT
request of the SOCKS protocol as follows:

  SOCKS  CONNECT serverhost:80
  HTTP   GET /path HTTP/1.1
         Host: serverhost

Note that the "PROXY" parameter in your example supposes the upstream
server talks the same protocol with the client's one, so it cannot be
used in this case.  And you don't need the CONNECT parameter in this case.