Article delegate-en/3572 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Question on switching upstream proxy based on port
10 Nov 2006 21:44:13 GMT "Tetsu Saiga" <p6qgqbdyi-rcwevebroulr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Hi,

I'm trying to have Delegrate run as a Application level router that
will switch to either a HTTP proxy or SOCKS base on the port.

If it's port 80 then it should use a HTTP proxy and SOCKS for everything else.

I'm using CONNECT to switch but it doesn't seem to be working. The
limit for port 80 using {*:{80}} doesn't block everything else from
using the HTTP proxy.
This is the reference I'm using:
<http://www.delegate.org/delegate/HowToDG.html#alrouter>

To specify the port I'm using this syntax,
<http://www.delegate.org/delegate/Manual.htm#portList>.

The closest I got was this one where I limit what can connect to
SOCKS. It seems like only the IP was used and the port was ignored.
The 1st port 80 connection goes to the proxy. 2nd port 80 connection
goes to SOCKS. The 2nd connection's IP is the same as
"xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" and the 1st IP is different.

delegated -P1080 SERVER=socks SOCKS="localhost:1081"
PROXY="http://localhost:8080"
CONNECT="socks:*:{xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:{PORT}},proxy:*:{*:{80}}"

This one only connects only to the HTTP proxy.
delegated -P1080 SERVER=socks SOCKS="localhost:1081"
PROXY="http://localhost:8080" CONNECT="proxy:*:{*:80},socks:*:*"

Normal servers:
delegated -P8080 SERVER=http CACHE=do
delegated -P1081 SERVER=socks

Could someone look over my commands to see what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you.

Tetsu