Article delegate-en/3570 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Antwort: Re: [DeleGate-En:3573] Antwort: Re: [DeleGate-En:3569] relative paths
03 Nov 2006 08:16:10 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

you p5igqbdyi-xgv6ctod4ptr.ml@ml.delegate.org wrote:
 |SERVER=http
 |MOUNT=/* https://myaddress.adress.net/* = with query, asproxy
 |STLS=FSV,sslway -nocache -cert mycert.pem -CAfile CAfile.pem
 |SSLTUNNEL=192.168.47.11:8080

OK, I understand that you are using DeleGate as a gateway between
HTTP cleints and a HTTPS server, reached via another HTTP proxy.

 |I have some applications which require a client certificate for
 |authentication. Instead of installing this certificate on each client I
 |use Delegate to handle these requests. Every user receives a link like
 |http://192.168.47.11:4711/here/we/go/start.asp, due to complex environment
 |in the background. This works fine on the first look, however one part of
 |the webapplication is not working properly due to relative paths problems
 |(as it looks for me).
 |
 |If I use the URICONV parameter I still can see the relative paths again in
 |the pages sourcecode, however it's not working correctly. The application
 |launches in the browser (via Delegate) and asks for a local installed
 |certificate again. If this wouldn't happen, it should be OK.

Any URL of "https://..." in responses from the server must be rewriten
to "http://..:4711/" before it is relayed to a client to make it work
as you expect.
If you are required a certificate for the "https://...", then it means
some URLs are not rewritten so.
A very possible situation is that a URL including https:// is returned
in JavaScript, CSS and SWF.  DeleGate does not MOUNT (search URLs in)
such documents by default.  It need to be enabled as follows:

   URICONV=where:any

Another possible solution is using STLS=mitm instead of MOUNT.