Article delegate-en/3554 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: delegate myauth encrypted user:pass
19 Oct 2006 15:08:05 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

you ppefabdyi-j73qrjjcemlr.ml@ml.delegate.org wrote:
 |is it possible to have myauth=user:pass in the same manner as -Fauth
 |dgauth ( aka encrypted data in a file ) because
 |on a command line invokement the myauth is shown in clear text .

You can encrypt your configuration parameters including MYAUTH stored
in a parameter file, like +="config.cdh", as described in
<URL:http://www.delegate.org/delegate/Manual.htm?EncryptedConf>

I also thought about the encryption of MYAUTH as you say, crypting it
as the MD5 password in AUTHORIZER, but I thought it should be covered
with the above generic encryption of parameters.
For example, MYAUTH=user:pass:socks MYAUTH=user:pass:http-proxy and
MYAUTH=user:pass:delegate will be able to be represented as

  SOCKS=user:pass@host:port
  PROXY=user:pass@host:port
  MASTER=user:pass@host:port

in the future release, and whatever extended parameters will be crypted
with the single scheme of the encryption of a configuration file.