Article delegate-en/3521 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: ftp to ftp gateway +(optional TLS)
04 Oct 2006 22:04:33 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

you Steve Brown <ps4gabdyi-e6yeroaerylr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |> At least it should be as follows:
 |>
 |>   ./delegated -P21 SERVER=ftp MOUNT="/* ftp://server/*" STLS=-fsv
 |
 |Thanks for the obvious point I missed!
 |
 |In the above example, I think MOUNT="/* ftp://server/*" means for all
 |directories connect to 'server' and cd to the original path? In the log
 |file I can see Delegate attempts to connect to the literal server
 |'server' in the above example.

 |What if I just want to attempt a TLS session with *any* remote server
 |that the local user wants? I tried MOUNT="/* =" but that doesn't seem to
 |do it.

It can be done like a usual FTP proxy with STLS=-fsv as follows:

  delegated -P21 SERVER=ftp STLS=-fsv

Then user can select a target server with USER or CWD command.

  USER user@server

or

  USER user
  PASS ...
  CWD  //server

If you need to connect to arbitrary FTPS servers without TLS negotiation,
you can add a MOUNT as follows for example:

  delegated -P21 SERVER=ftp STLS=-fsv MOUNT="/ftps/* ftps://*"

  USER user
  PASS ...
  CWD  /ftps/server